For instructions on accessing the Flexera Product and License Center, see Accessing the Flexera Product and License Center.
The InstallShield 2016 and later installations are available in the Flexera Product and License Center. This center lets you download the installations, and perform other InstallShield-related tasks.
Important Note: A node-locked license is to be used by one user on one machine or virtual image, and may not be installed on shared computers. Any other use is a violation of the license agreement. Please ensure you are choosing the license that is registered to you. If you have any questions, please refer to your End User License Agreement.
Important Note: If you are using a concurrent license, you must update the version of the FlexNet Licensing Server software on the licensing server before you can start using InstallShield 2018. The version of the FlexNet Licensing Server software that shipped with previous versions of InstallShield cannot manage licenses of InstallShield 2018. The new version of the FlexNet Licensing Server software can manage licenses of both InstallShield 2018 and previous releases of InstallShield. You can download the installer for the new FlexNet Licensing Server software from the Flexera Product and License Center. For instructions on installing the FlexNet Licensing Server software, see Setting Up Your License Server for Concurrent Licenses of InstallShield 2016 and Later.
Important Note: Starting with InstallShield 2018, activation codes are no longer sent to customers via email. Activation codes can be obtained from the Flexera Product and License Center, as described in Obtaining Your Activation Codes.
Downloading InstallShield, Redistributables, Add-Ons, and Other Installations
The following installations are available for download from the Flexera Product and License Center:
- Redistributable files (for example, InstallShield prerequisites and InstallScript objects)
- Add-ons (if you are entitled to them) such as the Standalone Build, InstallShield Collaboration, and the InstallShield MSI Tools
- FlexNet Licensing Server software (if you purchased concurrent licenses and you need to set up your organization's license server)
- Skin Customization Kit
- InstallScript Object templates
- InstallShield service packs (if available)
Important Note: Starting with InstallShield 2018, the Collaboration Edition (DIM Editor) is no longer available.
To download any of the installations:
- Sign in to the Flexera Product and License Center.
- In the left navigation, under Entitlements, click Product List.
- If the Product List page shows multiple products, click the InstallShield link. The Product Information page opens.
- In the Product and File Downloads column, click the InstallShield link for the version that you want to download. The Product Download page opens.
- Click the appropriate download button.
The Product List page shows all of the product lines to which your account is entitled. If you do not have access to multiple products, clicking the Product List link opens the Product Information page directly.
Starting with InstallShield 2018, activation codes are no longer sent to customers via email. Activation codes can be obtained from the Flexera Product and License Center by performing the following steps.
To obtain activation codes from the Flexera Product and License Center:
- Sign in to the Flexera Product and License Center.
- In the menu at the left, select Entitlements > Product List. The Product List page opens.
- In the Product List, click InstallShield. The Product Information page opens.
- Next to the name of the InstallShield version you purchased, click Licenses in the right-hand column. The License Information page opens, listing your activation codes.
Licensing InstallShield, InstallShield Collaboration, and the Standalone Build
The following table explains how to set up the licensing for the type of license that you purchased.
|License Type||Description of License Type||Instructions|
|Node-locked license of InstallShield or InstallShield Collaboration||This type is tied to a specific user and machine. A node-locked license requires a product activation code to activate the product. This model is the traditional option.||To activate the product:
Launch the product that you want to activate. The activation wizard opens. Use this wizard to enter your activation code.
|Node-locked license of the Standalone Build||This type is tied to a specific user and machine. A node-locked license for the Standalone Build requires a Flexera–generated license file for the machine on which you install the Standalone Build.||To set up a node-locked license of the product:
See "Installing and Configuring a Node-Locked License of the Standalone Build" on page 9 of the Flexera Product Download and License Guide for InstallShield 2016 and Later (PDF).
|Concurrent license of InstallShield, the Standalone Build, or InstallShield Collaboration||This type enables sharing or floating of licenses among a maximum number of simultaneous users. The product on each user's machine must be connected to a license server that your organization sets up. This license type requires you to activate the licenses on the license server using an activation code, which is available through the Flexera Product and License Center.
The license server software enables users to borrow a license for InstallShield or InstallShield Collaboration from the license server for a specified number of days. Using a borrowed license enables you to use the product while being disconnected from the same network as the license server.
|To set up the license server:
See Setting Up Your License Server for Concurrent Licenses of InstallShield 2016 and Later.
To connect a machine that has the product to the license server:
To learn how to borrow a license of InstallShield or InstallShield Collaboration: